On the day Wimbledon lost another top player to COVID-19, France's Alize Cornet claimed competitors at the recent French Open had the virus but kept quiet about it.
Matteo Berrettini, last year's Wimbledon runner-up and among the favourites for this year's title, pulled out on Tuesday morning after testing positive, a day after 2017 finalist Marin Cilic withdrew due to the virus.
Last month defending champion Barbora Krejcikova pulled out of Roland Garros after a positive test, but Cornet feels more players must have been infected.
"When we see that Krejcikova withdraws saying I have COVID, and that the whole dressing room is sick. At some point we may all have had the flu," she told French outlet L'Equipe.
"The thing is, we have three symptoms. The throat scratching, we play and everything is fine, it's OK. In Roland, yes, I think there have been a few cases and it is a tacit agreement between us."
There are currently no requirements for players to test or to withdraw if they do test positive, with Wimbledon following UK government guidelines.
But it is possible the rules could be tightened if there are further positive tests.
American teenager Coco Gauff feels the current regulations at SW19 are adequate.
"I think for the most part I feel like it's OK that players are doing it themselves," she said.
"I mean, I feel like that's the regulations in the Government now - if you feel symptoms, test.
"That's what I would do. If I felt any Covid symptoms, I would test."
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.