McGrady weaves magic unfortunately it was for Warwick

Former Goondiwindi Boar, Dave “Magic” McGrady returned to Gilbert Oval on Saturday, this time sporting the Warwick Cowboy’s jersey and proving to be the difference between both teams as Warwick won by six points in another close game.

The Boars got off to flyer with a beautiful backline move from deep in their own half, had Brandon Mcgrady scoring the first points of the game.

But it didn’t take long before Warwick hit back when they crossed out wide and moments later Dave McGrady strolled over from close to the line to take a six points lead.

The first half was cut short after a serious leg injury to Brandon Mcgrady halted play. We wish Brandon all the best and speedy recovery.

The second half turned into a real arm wrestle as both teams tried to get ascendency on the game.

The Boars looked strong and had Warwick on the back foot. As so many times this season with the boars attacking the line, an intercept try against the run of play saw Dave McGrady go the length of the field and score his second try.

The Boars regrouped and fought back, with Tom Davis crossing and Nial Dunnington-Wallace diving on grubber kick in goal to close within two points of Warwick.

The Boars continued to press to the final siren, but couldn’t land the knockout blow. Warwick scored late to hold on for a 24 to 18 win.

Magnificent Reggies fail at the death

In a great game of footy that went end to end, the Reggies went down by two points to the Warwick Cowboys in the final minutes.

After the opening exchanges, Warwick was first to score.

Once the Boars got possession, their offence clicked into gear and a nice pass saw Derrick Craigie slice through the line and beat several defenders to score another long range try.

With more possession the boars were making good meters and finding their way into Warwick territory.

Buster Wilson drew in defenders and put Hayden Everingham down the sideline who fended of a defender to score in the corner.

With half time closing in, Warwick scored against the run of play to take a 14 to 12 lead in at half time.

The entertainment continued in the second half with many exciting attacking plays and long range breaks.

The Boars struck first with Adam Tribe taking a quick tap and finding Kyle Munro in support who scored beside the posts. The lead was extended to 10 points when Tom Fitzgerald took an intercept and went the length of the field to score.

Warwick scored next after they gained some possession and momentum started to go in their favour. With the game on the line and the Boars defending a four-point lead, Jamal Woodbridge made a break and almost went the length of the field but was tackled deep in Cowboys’ territory.

With a call that changed the game and that could have went either way, a knock-on was called from the play the ball as the Warwick marker raced in to apply pressure.

Warwick was then piggy backed the length of the field on the back of three penalties and after defending multiple sets the Boars were unable to hold on as Warwick scored in the dying minutes and steal a two-point win.