On behalf of the Hell of West organising committee and Goondiwindi Triathlon Club, I would like to pass on a massive thank you to the volunteers and sponsors that help us run this great event.
There are over 300 people involved in getting our event organised, setup, raced and packed up.
And to make things even more demanding we introduced another day of racing this year “The Super Saturday”.
It was great to see so many locals get out and try the new events, it even allowed some of our main coordinators a chance to race before their big day on work on the Sunday.
It was a roaring success and we have had nothing but glowing feedback for all the athletes, officials and visitors.
Without the support of our volunteers, sponsors and the wider community this race would not have made the 27 years it has been running.
Athletes travel around the country and the world, not for Goondiwindi’s perfect climate and white sandy beaches, but because our race is know not only as the toughest but the friendliest triathlon around.
The feedback we get form athletes and visitors is always praising the fantastic volunteers and friendly township of Goondiwindi.
The professionalism and energy our volunteers bring to the event is truly amazing and makes it one of a kind.
Thank you Goondiwindi and surround towns for helping us showcase what a great community we have and may the Hell of the West continue to shine brightly as one the premier triathlons in Australia for many more years to come.
Finally I know there are many more names not on our volunteers list that help make this event run smoothly.
We appreciate all the support that’s makes The Hell of the West possible and keeps our athletes safe and keen to come back year after year. Thanks Goondiwindi.
- Gdi Ski Club- swim set up-Brendan Griffiths
- RFS Boggabilla- Traffic Marshall’s- Peter Cory
- Diggers- Swim leg Marshall’s - Ken Gee
- SES- boats- Ann McGlashon
- Kayaks- about 30 Volunteers
- Atco - comms station- Marilyn Sinclair and Susie Collins
- Kaloma Fundraisers- Athlete bags tennis sheds- Yvonne North
- Dave Vincent and helpers- Bike transition
- Richard Littlewood- Lead vehicle
- Robert Webb- Sag wagon
- Gdi Hawks Aussie Rules- Road closures -Sam Dunmill
- Redcliffe Tri Club- 20/60km Aid Station - Helen Sprott
- Toobeah Kindy, Talwood SS, Bungunya SS- Aid station 40 km
- Male lead cyclist- Cooper Timms
- Female lead cyclist- Ben Hysen
- St Mary’s Canberra Group- Spotters run track- Anna Dawson
- Scouts, Kioma SS, Lundavra Sports Club, GSHS-Aid stations run leg
- Ice Truck- Tony McLaughlin
- Girl Guides- Ped crossings park- Bec James and helpers, Shaun Hysen, Carolyn Ferguson
- Announcer- Terry Gleeson
- Care Gdi- Merchardise tent- Tracey McDonald and helpers
- Slappers - run lap bands- Jodi and Lucy McClymont, Marie Griffiths, Nat Mettam, Lois Phillips, Jennifer Bird
- Bell ringer- Crusty Crothers
- Scribes- Timing Wizards- Ellie Billsborough, Kathy Bauer, Mandy Phillips
- Catchers and Towels- Caroline Jorgensen and helpers
- Recovery Tent- Amanda North , LAC and helpers
- Massage tent- Sarah-Jane Murray and helpers
- BBQ/ drinks- Campdraft Committee- Melinda Myer and helpers
- Hell Bar- Junior Rugby NZ fundraiser- Jeremy Dawson and helpers
- GSPS- Set up and pack up park tents-Rod Morris and helpers
- Gdi Apex Club- Set up and pack up bike racks- Michael Steepe and helpers
- Senior Rugby Emus- Park clean up
- Rotary- Atco hire / ATM
- Bag packing- Tri Club
- Chip bag packing- Liesl and friends
- Rego 2 days- Tri Club members and friends
- Last but by no means least!!!!!!!!!!
- Zowie Emerton- toilet cleaner!!!