In celebration of Small Business Week from May 15 -19, we have created a Pop-Up Event that has grown from our recent Business Breakfast. Continuing with the theme, “Strategies to grow your local business”, we are highlighting: Instagram.
The pop-up is on Tuesday, May 16 at 9.30a.m. in the Goondiwindi Regional Civic Centre Art Gallery.
Do you ever wonder how people use social media to grow their business? Attendees will learn how founder of Stylish Kids Australia, Roberta Fairbanks grew a successful business using Instagram, and learn tips and tricks that have helped her flourish!
RSVP is essential due to limited seats: https://www.goondiwindichamber.com.au/event/pop-event-strategies-grow-local-business-instagram/
SO MANY GOLDEN NUGGETS OF INFORMATION:
Our first Business Breakfast was a huge success and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that contributed.
Thank you to:
1. Our incredible group of panellists: Richard Hawker, Wayne Jones, Chrystal Henry & Cathy Hoole, who donated their time to share their experiences around growing their business locally.
2. The Royal Hotel for serving a delicious buffet breakfast and providing a beautiful setting for our breakfast in the MacIntyre room. A massive thank you to Liesa Davis for her exceptional management of our Event, to Mick and the lovely girl that served the coffee addicts (myself included) our espresso coffees, and of course the Chefs behind the scene!
- Kerrie Andrew of Rebel Media for her attendance, sponsorship, raffle prizes and contribution at the event – you were so generous!
4. Yasmin of Jewel Paper Co for her gorgeous design of our invites and handout for all of our attendees
- Helen and Boris Billing for their sponsorship in decorating our breakfast with their gorgeous plant display and input with our invites with some “seeds of wisdom”.
6. The Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce committee who provided unconditional support – everyone played an important role and as a team we did really well! Thank you so, so much for everything!
7. Lastly to EVERYONE that attended! With your ongoing support we can continue to create these incredible opportunities for our community. We hope you enjoyed the breakfast as much as we did and we cannot wait to see you at the next one.
The morning was truly engaging, concluding 30 minutes later than anticipated because many stayed longer to continue the conversations.
Our next Business Breakfast is on July 6. I cannot wait to share with you our SPECIAL GUEST panellist – the only hint we can give you is: he appears on an Australian TV program. More details will come closer to the date. Can you guess?
July you say? That’s so far away! Do not despair as we have our Pop-Up Event & Lowes Petroleum Business Awards happening prior.
Here is what you need to know about the upcoming Business Awards:
NOMINATIONS FOR THE BUSINESS AWARDS ARE OPEN FO THE ENTIRE MONTH OF APRIL – YOU STILL HAVE TIME!
Have you nominated a deserving local business for the Business Awards!? Pop over to our website: www.goondiwindichamber.com.au to nominate online today! The more nominations the better, and we also have a few exciting changes this year including the introduction of the ‘Local Innovation Award’ & the ‘Community Services Industry Award.’
Date Claimer: Friday June 2, The Lowes Petroleum Goondiwindi Business Awards Gala Event – more details closer to the event
We have confirmed our guest speaker. We are honoured to have Dr Rolf Gomes attending our gala event to share his experiences! Be sure to like our Facebook page for Local News updates including progressions with the Awards nominations, event details and booking options! https://www.facebook.com/GoondiwindiChamberOfCommerce/
When you register your interest , you will be the first to know when tickets go on sale!
We are so excited to celebrate our incredible local businesses and come together for our largest event of the year!
IVAN COLHOUN VISIT TO GOONDIWINDI
I recently attended the “Australian Economic & Financial Outlook” meeting hosted by NAB Bank @ the Golf Club and a very interesting statistic caught my attention.
Ivan Colhoun, Chief Economist, Markets, National Australia Bank presented a range of slides detailing a variety of statistics and graphs showing the trends and the predictions he had in the future.
With an opening line along the lines of: “Economists were invented to make weather people look good,” I knew his talk would be engaging.
Page 14 of the slide caught our attention. In the slide Ivan explained that the growth in Goondiwindi’s Retail spending from the last quarter of 2015 in comparison to the last quarter of 2016 was up 8.6%. This is the highest in the state!
We would love to know if your business reflected this growth for your last quarter of 2016, or if you have any additional thoughts on this.
Until our next chat,